Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Intro - The Early Days

Assalamualaikum & My Best Wishes to all,

Altough I know nobody will read this, I would like to thank you for anyone who happens to visit this blogspot either purposely or accidentaly:). My greatest appreciation just for u.

Allow me to asscociate & theme this blogspot as Hikayat Penuh Ranjau - the title of one of my favorite songs from my favorite band - Wings. My full name is Azizul Bin Abdul Wahab - from Penang, Malaysia. I was born in 13 Sept 1969 exactly 4 months after the riot, in Rumah Bersalin Pulau Pinang.

My aim for this life is hoping that I am able to cross path with extra ordinary person (insan luar biasa) & extra ordinary events (perkara luar biasa). I believe all wants to be a successful person & envy the everlasting happiness that we are hoping for. Below are my chronology of events in my life that I gone through so far that I want to share. Some are good times & but some are mostly bad times. Hope you will enjoy the pleasure of reading & got the oppurtunity to learn something. Please feel free to shared your thoughts & comments.Thanks.

1969 - the year of the Apollo. The first moon walk with quotable quotes "A Small Step for Man, A Giant Leap for Mankind". I guess Michael Jackson is still in his kindergarten years then & doesn't perform his own version of moonwalk yet haha.This is the year , with the likes of Beatles, Jimi Hendrix & The Mamas & The Papas (California Dreamin') still rules the chart. On local scenes we have P.Ramlee (my fellow Penangtites & Old Frees - I am very proud of it though) & The Pop Yeh-Yehs terrorizing the local music industry.

1972 - the year that I first can visualize in my memory. The year that I was so "nakal" that I remember that I was fallen & badly injured in Padang Kota - presently known as Gurney Drive.The year that we have 17 year old beautiful female student from the US - Melody Munn staying in our home as part of students exchange programme. We bring her to stay in weekend escapade - Bungalow in Teluk Bahang Beach, besides the more famed Batu Ferringhi Beach. Well, that time the beach was so deserted thats the roads leading to it is resembles as a ghost road at night.While we sleeps at night in The Bungalow we can barely hear the thundering sounds of the waves very clearly.

1973 - the year that my heroes Bruce Lee dies. I guess everyone has it's own version of heroes huh? My brother keeps telling me that Bruce Lee dies because of terkena "pukulan maut" Dicky Zulkarnain - what a plain lie hahaha.

1975 - the year that I first go to KL to followed my family to send my eldest siter to study in the ITM Shah Alam. This is the year that I ate my first KFC in Thrifty Supermarket in Jalan Barat in front of PJ Hilton (the hotel then known as Hotel Jayapuri). The supermarket & The KFC of course are nowhere to be seen. (now occupies by Court Mammoth & Coffee Bean respectively). Well I still remember my first KFC - the tastes is out of this world. Unlike now of course.

Well, believe it or not this is the year we are able to see World Boxing title fight featuring The Greatest Muhammad Ali right here in KL, before his infamous fight with Smokin' Joe Frazier in Thrilla in Manila. My interest for boxing has grown ever since. Now I have a full collection of great boxing movies like The Rocky, Raging Bull & Cindarella Man.

This is the year that I first attended kindergarten - Buddhist Asscociation Kindergarten, in Jalan Perak, Penang. The building resembles a small atap house then. Well, I guess there is no PASTI or KEMAS tadika during that time yet. I still believe that we should minced with others regardless of races/religions for us to live in peace & harmony. Hahaha, for the record I am still a Muslim.

1976 - the year with many events; sad & happiness. The year that I first enter Standard 1 in Francis Light 1. My standard 1 teacher is Cikgu Zainab. I still remember the old fashioned spectacle that she wore. The spectacle that we can always seen in the black & white P.Ramlee movie.

At the end of that year, I got a chance to travel to London. The plane that we travel was delayed more than 3 hours upon departure due to they have difficulties to load an elephant to the plane to be send to the London Zoo. I travel with an elephant on board! I also remember well, when the plane approaching Heathrow right after dawn, I can see the London city below with it's famous classic red double decker. The moment that can't be bought back forever. During my stay there I had a chance to visit Trafalgar's Square on christmas eve & go to House of Toys with 6 storeys building full of toys alone. Imagine 1 storey occupied entirely by miniature train dazzling accross artificial mountains, town center & so on. It's my heaven on earth.

This is the year that my beloved sister - Julinah passed away. The most beautiful girl in this wide wide world. I still can recall well the final moment I saw her, she was crying from the hospital window as we are in the car park before we left. I never saw her again. She died when we are in London. She was 17 years old then. I still miss her a lot. Please forgive me, my dearly loved sister.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bro--mmg mantap
Kami nak lagi, dan lagi!!!!

Anonymous said...

bro, clark quay kat belakang gambaq tu...cayalah!